Sartell-St. Stephen School Board Report – May 17, 2021
ORDINARY SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
SARTELL-ST. STEPHEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT N ° 748
MAY 17, 2021
SARTELL HIGH SCHOOL
The regular meeting of the Independent School District 748 School Board was opened at 6:30 p.m. by President Jeremy Snoberger. Members present: Snoberger, Chairman; Jason Nies, vice-president; Amanda Byrd, City Clerk; Matt Moehrle, Treasurer; Patrick Marushin, director; Tricia Meling, director; and Jeff Schwiebert, superintendent. Absent members: none.
A motion was moved by Nies and seconded by Moehrle to APPROVE THE AGENDA AS PRESENTED. All in favor. Motion carried.
During the public comment opportunity, Samantha Huber, 2292 Wyoming Court, spoke about the topic of open registration for the district.
A motion was moved by Nies and seconded by Moehrle to APPROVE CONSENT POINTS A.4.a – A.4.e AS PRESENTED BELOW. All in favor. Motion carried.
A.4.a. Minutes of the regular school board meeting held on April 19, 2021
Minutes of the working session of the school board held on May 5, 2021
A.4.b Checks in the amount of $ 1,298,159.99 as presented:
General fund 684,413.24
Food Services Fund 98,075.29
Transport fund 323,978.98
Community Service Fund 10,021.14
Investment funds 179,673.53
Activity accounts 1,055.98
Internal service fund 941.83
Checks numbers 181002 – 181192
ACHs in the amount of $ 5,196.99 as presented:
General fund 5,090.64
Food Service Fund 55.00
Activity accounts 51.35
ACH numbers 202000118-20200132
Received in the amount of $ 5,683,940.53 as presented:
General fund 5,225,592.81
Food Services Fund 283,687.64
Community Service Fund 159,272.99
Construction funds 84.85
Activity accounts 4,801.69
Internal service fund 10,500.55
Receipts 48731 – 48859
Wire transfers in the amount of $ 1,407,641.48 as presented:
General fund 977,272.87
Food Services Fund 43,588.51
Transport fund 17,721.34
Community Service Fund 28,999.72
Capital expenditure fund 1,250.00
Construction fund 117.00
Activity accounts 1,193.02
Internal service fund 337,499.02
Electronic transfers 202000569-202000639
A.4.c Approve the resolution accepting the following donations: Sartell-St. Stephen Pre-K-5 PTO, ISD # 748, $ 310.02, donation for school supplies to Oak Ridge Early Learning Center; Sartell-St. Stephen Pre K-5 PTO, ISD # 748, $ 368.34, donation for school supplies to Oak Ridge Early Learning Center; Sartell-St. Stephen Pre-K-5 PTO, ISD # 748, $ 574.83, donation for school supplies to Oak Ridge Early Learning Center; Sartell-St. Stephen Pre-K-5 PTO, ISD # 748, $ 694.52, donation for school supplies to Oak Ridge Early Learning Center; Sartell-St. Stephen Pre-K-5 PTO, ISD # 748, $ 288.69, donation for classroom supplies to Riverview Intermediate.
A.4.d Accept the resignation of Aimee Gilmore, SHS, SPED, end of school year. Waiver of Employment of Neil Anderson, RIS, Custodian, 5/10/21.
A.4.e Approve the holidays of the 2021-2022 academic calendar for employees under individual contract and the superintendent.
Student Representative Report: Courtney Snoberger
- Snoberger reported on events around the district. Oak Ridge Preschools have completed the virtual lectures and have lots of fun end-of-year activities planned, with field days being Wednesday and Friday. Pine Meadow students also have fun end-of-year activities and ended halfway with virtual music concerts. Riverview has met the future third graders at Pine Meadow and will have their field day on June 2nd along with many other end of year activities. The students worked on the school forest, including new benches and landscaping projects. Students at Sartell College welcomed live guests for the first time in seventeen months for their orchestral and choir concerts. The year-end kickball tournament is back this year and is underway. Students at Sartell High School had their last day of distance education last Friday. The musical “The Addams Family: Concert Version” went extremely well. The orchestra had their concert last week, the band is playing tonight and the choir will play next week. Due to the pandemic, many spring sports will be played until June. The awards night for seniors will take place on May 26 and the graduation ceremony on June 5. The NHS hosted its induction banquet for new members and the student council hosted a ‘Run for Rustie’ event for a Rustie Froemming Memorial Scholarship. The powder puff senior-junior football game was held last week; with victorious seniors.
- Superintendent Schwiebert said the graduation location will be decided on May 27, with weather forecasts determining if it can be outside rather than inside. The senior graduates’ party will take place at the stadium on Thursday and end around 10:30 p.m. The senior parade will take place the following Friday with an evening fireworks display. Special thanks to Liberty Bank for supporting the fireworks. Benches are being installed in the Riverview School Forest. Bill Galarneault’s family donates a bench in memory of Bill, which will be placed at Riverview Intermediate School. The June board schedule will include a working session on June 2 at 5:30 p.m., a finance and operations committee meeting on June 15 at 3:30 p.m. and the regular school board meeting is on June 21 at 5 p.m.
Report from the Alliance for Sexuality Club at Sartell High School:
- Students from Sartell High School reported on the Sartell High School Gender Alliance Club.
District Finance Report:
- Superintendent Schwiebert provided an update on the finances of the district.
- Superintendent Schwiebert and Director of Human Resources Krista Durrwachter provided an update on how the district is progressing with COVID-19.
- Superintendent Schwiebert reported on the current number of enrollments for each school.
School Board Committee Report:
- Clerk Byrd reported on the career and technical education video she received from Joe Schulte.
- Superintendent Schwiebert reported on the Benton-Stearns meeting.
A motion was presented by Marushin and seconded by Nies to APPROVE # 1-29:
New Employees / Changes:
Jill Ambrosier, RIS, Elementary Education – Grade 4, $ 73,627, MA30, Step L, replacing Chris Adelman, 8/30/2021; Cindy Austin, SMS, math – eighth grade, $ 58,766, MA, stage G, substitute April Greeley, 8/25/2021; Cathy Bergeron, PMPS, student supervisor, $ 13.87 / hour, RI, S1, 2 hours / day, replacing Vicky Knickerbocker, 04/21/2021; Lindsey Buchholz, SMS, junior high cross country, $ 2,667 (6.35%), BA, stage A ($ 42,002), replacing David Driste, 8/16/2021; Michael Carlson, SHS, arts education, $ 64,487, MA10, stage J, new position, 8/25/2021; Andrew Ditlevson, SHS, chief volleyball, $ 5,460 (13%), BA, step A ($ 42,002), replacing Sarah Hornseth, 8/17/2021; Collin Franz, SMS / SHS, Spanish, $ 42,002, BA, stage A, replacing Chelsey Mersbergen, 8/25/2021; Hannah Gelhar, SHS, Family and Consumer Sciences, $ 42,002, BA, Stage A, new position, 8/25/2021; Jason Huschle, SHS, math, $ 60,806, MA, step I, change of assignment, 8/30/2021; Stephanie Kaare, SMS, color guard, $ 1,407 (3.35%), BA, stage A ($ 42,002), replacing Jennifer Olson, 6/7/2021; Sylvia Kaare, SHS, summer marching band drumline, $ 3,990, BA, stage A, ($ 42,002), replacing Andrew Guthmiller, 6/4/2021; Abbey Kajer, ORELC, early childhood educator, $ 16,800.80, BA, Step ($ 42,002), 0.4 FTE, replacing Hannah Carey, 8/25/2021; Jennifer LaBonne, PMPS, MTSS interventionist, $ 59,787, MA, step H, change of assignment, 08/30/2021; Nicholas Luberda, ORELC, principal custodian, $ 18.96 / hour, RIV, stage 1, 8 hrs / day, 260 days / year, replacing Steven Gregory, 5/10/2021; Tony Mazzone, SMS, summer band conductor, $ 1,441 (3.35%), BA, stage B ($ 43,024), replacing Katelyn Watkin, 6/7/2021; Rachel Miller, SMS, Group Course Director, $ 2,247 (5.35%), BA, Stage A ($ 42,002), replacing Rachel Tisdale, 6/7/2021; Cody Olson, SMS, Seventh / Eighth Grade Activities and Track and Field (15 meetings) – Spring, $ 945 ($ 2.25), BA, Stage A ($ 42,002), replacing Helen Wilfehrt, 3/29/2021; Leah Omann, SHS, social studies, $ 33,088, MA, E step, 0.5833 FTE, replacing Eric Koplitz, 8/25/2021; Karlee Pfaff, RIS, Primary Education – Third Year, $ 44,044, BA, Step C, replacing Nichole Perius, 8/25/2021; Paul Plombon, SMS, special education, $ 51,011, BA30, step B, replacing Amy Schaefer, 8/25/2021; Jared Saue, SHS, male tennis assistant, $ 3,087 (7.35%), BA, stage A ($ 42,002), replacing Greg Henning, 3/29/2021; James Sinkel, SHS, social studies, $ 46,083, BA, stage E, replacing Sydney Vossler, 8/25/2021; Kerry Trnka, SMS, Math, $ 64,088, MA20, step G, change of assignment, 8/30/2021; Kate Turner, SMS, consultant, $ 54,687, MA, stage C, replacing Luke Rude, 8/25/2021; Hailey Winter, RIS, Special Education (DCD), $ 42,002, BA, Stage A, replacing Jessie Mortensen, 8/25/2021.
New Employees – Awaiting Authorization:
MaryBeth Woodruff, SMS, English / Language Arts – Seventh Grade, $ 61,825, MA, Stage J, replacing Donna Kellor, 8/25/21.
Christine Adelman, RIS, fourth grade, LOA, 21-22 school year; Jennifer Kiewel, SHS, math, LOA, 5/3 / 21-5 / 14/21; Paul Rolfzen, SMS, custodian, LOA, 7/1 / 21-7 / 31/21.
All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was moved by Marushin and seconded by Moehrle TO APPROVE THE REVISIONS OF POLICIES 406, 407 AND 412. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was moved by Nies and seconded by Meling to APPROVE THE RESOLUTIONS OF NON-RENEWAL OF PROBATION CONTRACTS AS MADE FOR HANNAH CAREY, ERIC KOPLITZ, NAOMI KUPLIC, SADIE ROLFHUS, AMY SCHAEFER AND SYDNEY VOSSLER. In a recorded vote, voted for: Nies, Moehrle, Byrd, Marushin, Meling and Snoberger. The following voted against: none. Motion carried 6-0.
A motion was presented by Marushin and seconded by Nies TO APPROVE DISTRICT 748 2021-2022 LITERACY PLAN READ WELL BY THIRD YEAR PLAN. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was moved by Meling and seconded by Nies TO APPROVE THE FIBER OPTIC INFRASTRUCTURE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE TOWN OF SARTELL, SARTELL-ST. STEPHEN ISD 748 AND ARVIG. All in favor. Motion carried.
A motion was moved by Nies and seconded by Moehrle to APPROVE THE PROBATION PERIOD EXTENSION RESOLUTION FOR ALLISON WHITE. All in favor. Motion carried.
Schedule working sessions and committee meetings:
- Future Council working session – Wednesday, June 2, 2021 @ District Service Center – 5:30 p.m.
- Future regular meeting of the board of directors – Monday June 21, 2021 @ Lycée Sartell – 5 p.m.
The tasks of the committees were reviewed.
A motion to ADJUST THE SITTING AT 7.17 p.m. was moved by Nies and seconded by Marushin. All in favor. Motion carried.
/ s / Amanda Byrd, Registrar
Release date: June 25, 2021