Caught On Tape + Dems Take Flight + What’s your emergency?
Rise and shine, Dallas! It’s Saturday July 17th.
Today’s headlines: When was the last time you saw another airline passenger taped to her seat because his erratic behavior endangered the flight? And what good is the end of the game Democrats who fled the state rather than seeing a bill they oppose become law? And finally, how would you like to make a living in help your neighbors in need and become a 911 operator?
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Wet and mostly cloudy all day. High: 92 Low: 74.
Some of the best stories today in Dallas:
- Missing 76-year-old man last seen in northwest Dallas, may need help, police say. (The morning news from Dallas)
- Happy Trails: The Dallas VideoFest ceases operations after this year. (The morning news from Dallas)
- An arrest was made after a shootout – in a Dallas hospital parking lot. (CBS Dallas / Fort Worth)
- North Texas builders are skip buyers agents, since new home sales are skyrocketing without them. (Dallas Business Journal)
Today in Dallas
- Storytime with the Richardson Fire Department (10:00 am)
- BikeDFW Urban Cycling 101 Webinar (7:00 p.m.)
Dallas Patch Book
- Dallas Animal and Adoption Service Center: “You have a friend in me! This is what DAS pets constantly tell our # D90 volunteers. Join our team ”(Facebook)
- Dallas Police Department: “The Dallas Police Department Missing Persons Unit needs your assistance in locating a critical missing person.” (Facebook)
- DFW Airport: “Now that we have mastered the invisible landing gear, humanity is now one step closer to Wonder Woman’s fully invisible jet” (Facebook)
- Dallas Animal and Adoption Service Center: “A live walkthrough to show off some of our many adoptable puppies and cats! Learn more about these adoptable cuties” (Facebook)
- Texas SPCA: “Happy senior Sunday! He might be 14 and a half, but the name Kitten suits him perfectly. (Facebook)
- Dallas Farmers Market: “Layers of flavor! Take all your local produce and make this corn and zucchini salad with feta. “(Instagram)
- The Dallas Arboretum: “Summer views from the garden. #Dallasarboretum” (Instagram)
- Dallas CIO: “For full in-person training next year, Dallas ISD is partnering with Parkland Hospital” (Facebook)
- Dallas Department of Parks and Recreation: “Visit the Dallas Arboretum to see the successful international exhibition ZimSculpt, a world-renowned collection” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Broken Little Believer Author’s Book Signing Event – Shane Svorec (July 25)
You are officially in the know for today. See you tomorrow for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Kevin phinney
About me: Kevin Phinney has lived and worked as a writer and editor in Austin, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Seattle and New York. He was born in Brooklyn, New York and raised in El Paso. Phinney attended the University of Austin. He has worked on television as a reporter and commentator, and is a former host of a weekday radio show called “Kevin & Kevin in the Morning” on KGSR-FM (now known as Austin City Limits Radio). He is also the author of “Souled American”, a book tracing race relations in America through music. It was published by BILLBOARD Books and is often used in college classrooms across the country.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Dallas Daily? Write to me at [email protected]