adidas Golf takes another step towards sustainability with CODECHAOS21
adidas golf recently announced that it will commit to launching future environmentally friendly products. This is because PRIMEBLUE is adidas’ high performance recycled material that is made in part with Parley Ocean plastic, plastics that have been intercepted from beaches, coastal communities and shorelines.
For apparel products to be considered PRIMEBLUE, they must meet a minimum standard of 40% recycled content overall. The products put forward as part of The adidas range has a minimum of 95%, the majority of which is made from 100% recycled polyester.
“Our goals are ambitious to eliminate all virgin polyester from our range, but this offer shows how close we are to getting there.” said Shaun Madigan, global apparel director, adidas Golf. “We pushed ourselves into new avenues in design and material development to bring this garment to life. We know golfers around the world will appreciate the performance features, but they’ll also feel good about buying a product that in a small way saves our oceans from plastic waste.
And at the heart of the new adidas Golf collection are the CODECHAOS21 thornless shoes.
Although the original Code Chaos redefined what a thornless golf shoe could be, the CODECHAOS21 has been upgraded to feature a sporty design aesthetic while being made with our recycled PRIMEBLUE yarns which contain over 50% Parley Ocean Plastic. . This textile rod goes beyond simple recycled content. It is also waterproof (1 year warranty) to provide solid protection should golfers ever encounter the elements.
“I have been wearing CODECHAOS since last year and I couldn’t be more impressed with the traction and level of comfort I get on the course, “ Tyrrell Hatton said. “It’s remarkable how the Adidas team was able to use recycled materials with this new model as well. I have already won twice in CODECHAOS and I can’t wait to put this new style into play.
“CODECHAOS is the most comfortable shoe I have worn on tour,” said Daniel Berger. “My two wins in the past year were in this shoe, so it’s definitely one that I trust. The stability I get throughout my swing is amazing and I know golfers around the world will enjoy them as much as I do.
Along with the overlapping microfiber panels on the lateral and medial side of the shoe that provide additional stability and protection, the CODECHAOS21 features TWISTGRIP technology. The use of heat map studies helped adidas identify the most optimal location for the pods, providing all players with the best possible grip.
The CODECHAOS21 will be available with laces and the BOA Fit System for men and women. The BOA app for CODECHAOS21 features advanced sequence lacing for designated pressure distribution, an overlay panel for a secure and stable fit, and the L6 dial platform with a softer TX4 lace. The BOA Fit System also includes FormTX guides for micro-fit and custom fit.
Collin Morikawa in the CODECHAOS21 (Cloud White / Legend Marine / Scarlet) and
PRIMEBLUE two-tone pique polo shirt (Black / White) and Golf shorts (Black / Semi Night Flash / Black)
In addition to the CODECHAOS21, adidas Golf is also launching special clothing (ALL of which are available on their website HERE), comprising:
- Two-tone pique polo shirt (men) – made with 100% recycled polyester
- Features a hybrid raglan sleeve with medium weight breathable fabric
- Short sleeve polo shirt (women) – made with 100% recycled polyester
- Soft and light feel, all in a modern silhouette
- HEAT.RDY polo shirt (men) – made with 100% recycled polyester
- Breathable feel, specially designed to keep golfers cool in hot weather
- Quarter zip jacket (men) – made with 95% recycled polyester
- Lightweight, windproof fabric with a subtle V-neck opening and water-resistant sleeves
- Quarter zip jacket (women) – made with 97% recycled polyester
- Lightweight with raglan sleeve construction to improve movement through the swing
- Shorts (men and women) – men manufactured at 95%; for women made from 100% recycled polyester
- Men feature thick, ventilated mesh fabric with front and back pockets
- Women feature a four inch inseam with two front zip pockets to go with an open back pocket
- Sleeveless racerback (women) – made with 100% recycled polyester
- Elegant look with racer back and quarter-zip high collar
A snapback cap in 100% recycled polyester with a unique PRIMEBLUE logo will also be offered as part of the line. Some polo shirts from this collection will also be worn by Dustin Johnson and Xander Sc Chaudele at the US Open next week.
Cover image via Instagram
- STYLE: adidas Golf takes another step towards sustainability with CODECHAOS21 – June 9, 2021
- TREND: Some extra (last minute) gifts for Father’s Day 2021 – June 9, 2021
- RUPTURE: Arccos offers a limited edition “Black Edition” link – June 3, 2021
- Golficity 2021 Father’s Day Gift Guide – May 30, 2021
- STYLE: Improve your posture and well-being with FORME wearable therapeutic clothing – May 28, 2021
- HYPOCRITES: PGA tour encourages social media, but removes viral posts – May 27, 2021
- TRAVEL: Firestone Country Club offering limited summer stay-and-play packages – May 26, 2021
- STYLE: Galvin Green GameDay Collection Increasingly Popular in North America – May 26, 2021
- WATCH: Van Rooyen Hissy Fit claims 1 victim, with 2 close calls – May 22, 2021
- STYLE: adidas Golf Scripting for DJ, Alex and defending champion Morikawa – May 20, 2021
View all posts